Developer Success Engineer

Abu Dhabi ,UAE

About The Position

What does Dataloop do?

Dataloop is a one-stop-shop for building and deploying powerful AI data pipelines – data labeling, automating data ops, customizing production pipelines, and weaving in the human-in-the-loop for data validation. Our platform and approach eliminates data challenges for companies allowing them to focus their resources on their core business. Our vision is to make machine learning-based systems accessible, affordable and scalable for all.

About the position

Dataloop is hiring several creative and energized Developer Success Engineers as the first members of the newly created Developer Success organization. 

The candidates filling these positions will be part of the Dataloop Customer Success organization which includes Customer Success, Customer Support, and Professional Services and report directly to the Head of Developer Success. 

 We’re building out the core team in Abu Dhabi in the UAE, so if you’re interested in relocation we’ll consider it for the right candidates.

 Your primary audience will be the Dataloop Customer Developer. You’ll leverage your knowledge and communication skills to support the Customer Developers via participation in the Dataloop Community we’ll build and grow together, via serving as subject matter experts and / or domain experts to address deep technical needs in the pre and post-sales cycles, and participate in industry events to ensure our technical buyers and users know that we know their language and technical needs. 

 As a Developer Success Engineer, you will leverage your skills in software engineering, solution architecture, data management, and customer centric thinking to work together as a team and also as individual domain experts (developed over time) to define, build and deliver solutions built on top of the Dataloop platform. We’ll work together with peer groups to target solutions that can be leveraged as-is to meet 80% of a defined need with the remaining 20% left to configuration or Customer Developer customization.  

 

In this role, you will be responsible for:

  • Working with the Head of Developer Success as well as our Product and R&D teams to understand at a detailed level what features will be released in the next release cycle to be able to build, test, and promote to the Dataloop Community new or enhanced solutions, apps, components, etc.
  • Serve as Subject Matter and / or Dataloop Product Domain Experts (SMEs and DPDEs) to ensure the technical members of the Dataloop Community get the information they need to be successful in their roles.
  • Working as SMEs and DPDEs in pre and post sales opportunities
  • Partnering with R&D as well as Professional Services to ensure whatever is developed in Developer Success uses the same tools and methods R&D uses.
  • Own the full lifecycle of end-to-end solutions that are meaningful to our customer base - from concept, through research, design, test, and deployment to the Dataloop Community repository.
  • Serve as a conduit between Dataloop and the technical community to help drive mindshare and favorable impressions of Dataloop as a platform and company

Requirements

Required Technical skills

  • BS in Computer Science, or commensurate work experience
  • Ability to translate technical requirements into end-to-end solution architectures
  • Development experience leveraging a SaaS platform
  • 3+ years of experience with Python in a computer vision and / or natural language processing (NLP) context
  • 3+ years hands on experience developing in javascript 
  • Experience in data management and ETL  
  • Expert knowledge of code management tools including branching theory and best practices 
  • Experience in relevant frameworks (TensorFlow, torch, onnx, etc) is a nice to have, but not required
  • Extra points for hands-on experience in developing ML algorithms for CV and NLP use cases


Soft skills

  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Customer centric approach to business and technology
  • Independence and creativity
  • Fast learner 
  • Takes ownership and responsibility for meeting and exceeding expectations
  • High performance individual while enjoying and engaging with your teammates to drive mutual success

Apply for this position