Senior Devops Engineer
About The Position
What does dataloop do?
Dataloop is a one-stop shop for building and deploying powerful computer vision pipelines – data labeling, automating data ops, customizing production pipelines and weaving the human-in-the-loop for data validation. This eliminates data challenges for companies, allowing them to focus their resources on their core business. Our vision is to make machine learning-based systems accessible, affordable and scalable for all.
About the position:
We’re growing and we need people who are experienced in devops position to help us grow faster and bigger. We expect this position to be taken by someone who tackled big production systems and knows what it takes to scale a system greatly, manage it, maintain it, and keep it operational at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting, planning and executing tasks that will help achieve this goal.
What's it like to work at dataloop?
You’ll meet people of different ages coming from many different backgrounds, interests, skillsets and skill levels. Your day can and will be dynamic as expected of a startup. We believe that nurturing people is important and that means regular 1x1 meetings with different levels of management that will help you achieve any career goals you set for yourself. As we’re not a large enterprise yet - your voice has more value; there are a lot of opportunities for your opinions to be heard.
Strong Technical skills
- Managing kubernetes clusters
- CI / CD processes
- Scaling (what works at big scales and what does not)
- Monitoring (what to monitor and how)
- Cloud platforms (GCP/AWS)
- Programming experience
- Configuration Management
- Databases ( elastic / mongo / sql / nosql )
- Security best practices (secret management, infrastructure security…)
- Managing production systems (updating, monitoring and handling outages)
- Debugging large systems
- Strong sense of ownership
- Knowledge in:
- Open source tools ( example: RabbitMQ, Kafka , Hashicorp Vault...)
- Automation of processes
- Planning and executing large scope tasks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in team
- Time management
- Self management
- Administrating / managing on-prem systems
- Experience with logging system implementation (excluding cloud platforms native solutions such as aws:cloudwatch and gcp:stackdriver)
- Participation in on-call rotation is required