Senior backend engineer
About The Position
What does Dataloop do?
Dataloop is a one-stop-shop for building and deploying powerful AI data pipelines – data labeling, automating data ops, customizing production pipelines, and weaving in the human-in-the-loop for data validation. Our platform and approach eliminates data challenges for companies allowing them to focus their resources on their core business. Our vision is to make machine learning-based systems accessible, affordable and scalable for all.
About the position
You will work on the core technology of Dataloop, developing, designing, and implementing Dataloop data management next generation in high scale, durability, efficiency, and near zero response time.
Required Technical skills
- 5+ years’ aggregated experience as a Software Engineer using Node.js/TS as your full-time job.
- Experience with database architecture.
- Building and designing large-scale applications
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), and working familiarity with various databases.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, understand a new problem deeply, and build things from scratch when they don’t already exist.
- 3+ years experience with SQL/NoSQL technologies/DB’s, at least one such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres, MySQl, MariaDB.
- Experience building search capabilities and solutions over big volumes of data
- Experience in building Restful API servers (Advantage).
- Experience with big-data pipelines and indexing.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar disciplines
- Experience in design scalable systems
- Experience in MongoDB
- Experience in Singelstore (preveiously known as memsql)
- Experience working with cloud compute and storage Providers (AWS, GCP, etc… )
- Experience in cloud data warehouse such as snowflake, Firebolt, etc …
- Relevant MSc is an advantage