Applications team lead
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced Web development team lead to join our Data Applications team in Abu-Dhabi.
The team is building web applications and tools to be used by customers on the Dataloop Platform, using our JS SDK and Python SDK.
You'll be orchestrating work on those applications, with hands-on work (80% frontend), acting as technical-lead for the team, and ensuring high-quality delivery.
- Manage a multi-national, onsite team of up-to 10 application developers with difference expertise
- Manage multiple applications development processes while coordinating efforts and optimizing resources
- Own the delivery process with responsibility for high-quality development, code-reviews, unit tests, and QA
- Reporting daily to the Director of ML & Applications
- Be influential in owning and supporting the applications in the production environment.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge fast and on the go.
- An eye for product and attention to pixel-perfect details.
Advantage - Machine Learning algorithms orientation
Advantage - Experience with node.js and/or Python as backend technical skills
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in web development (SPA)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 5 or more developers
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks Vue.js / React / Angular, Webpack, TypeScript, or related technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Vue.JS components or Web Components
- Experience with Typescript
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player
- Time management