- 27 Sep 2023
- Updated On 27 Sep 2023
If you're using the Amazon S3 cloud storage service, storage drivers are used to establish the connection between your applications and the cloud storage infrastructure. The storage drivers are an abstract representation of the bucket in the S3 service. You can make use of your existing buckets and folder paths to allow Dataloop to read and write data. For more information about Amazon S3, see the Amazon S3.
This topic describes how to create Amazon S3 storage driver in the Dataloop platform as part of your AWS integration.
You can create an Amazon S3 storage driver on the Dataloop platform if you complete one of the following Amazon integrations:
- Cross Account
- Access Key
For more information, see the Integration Overview.
Create AWS S3 Storage Driver on the Dataloop Platform
- Log in to the Dataloop platform.
- Select Data Management from the left-side panel.
- Select the Storage Drivers tab, and then click Create Storage Driver, or click on the down-arrow and select the Create Storage Driver from the list. A new storage driver pop-up window is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the storage driver.
- In the Integration field, select your relevant AWS Integration from the list.
- In the Bucket / Container Name field, enter your S3 Bucket name.
- In the Region field, select the region where the S3 bucket is located from the list.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox Allow delete items. This option allows Dataloop to remove items from the storage driver when those items are deleted from Dataloop's dataset. It does not delete items from the Dataloop dataset when those are deleted from the storage driver.
- Click Test to verify the connection.
- Click Create. A confirmation message is displayed.
To Create a Dataset Based on an External Cloud Storage, see the Create a Dataset Based on an External Cloud Storage.