- 18 Sep 2023
Datalake gen2 Client Secret integration
- Updated On 18 Sep 2023
To connect your Azure Datalake Gen2 to Dataloop, follow these setup instructions.
Register an App in Microsoft Azure
- Open Microsoft Azure and search for the App registrations in the search bar.
- Click App registrations.
- Click +New registration and enter a name for your application.
- Note the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID from the Application overview page, which are required for the integration.
Create a New Client Secret
- Once you create an application, on the left-side panel navigate to Certificates & secrets.
- Click +New client secret to create a new secret for the application.
- Enter a description for the client secret.
- Select a timeframe from the list when the integration expires (the recommended setting is the longest period).
- Click Add. A confirmation message is displayed, and the client secret is added to the application.
Copy the secret value and store it for later use, because you cannot access it again. The secret value is required in the Integration phase.
Create a Storage Account
- Open Microsoft Azure and search for the Storage accounts in the search bar.
- Select a Storage account or create a new account if do not have one.
- When you create Storage Account under the Advanced tab, go to Data Lake Storage Gen2 and mark Enable hierarchical namespace.
See Create a Storage account for more information on creating a storage account in Azure.
Create a Container
Add an IAM Role Assignments to a Container
- Select the chosen container, the one you will integrate with Dataloop. Refer to the previous section to view the instructions to identify or create a container.
- From the left portal menu, select Access Control (IAM).
- Click Add.
- Select Add role assignment.
- Search and select Storage Blob Data User from the Role list, and click Next.
- Under Members section, make sure Assign access to” is set to User, group, or service principals.
- Under Members section, click on Select members.
- On the search bar enter your registration app’s name which you created earlier, choose it and click Select.
- Click Review+sign.
Create an Azure Integration on the Dataloop Platform
- Log in to the Dataloop platform.
- From the left portal menu, select Integrations.
- Click +Create New Integration. A pop-up window is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the integration.
- Select Azure Blob from the Integration Type list.
- In the Account Name field, enter your storage account Name where the container is located.
- In the Application (Client) ID field, enter the registration app client ID that you noted while registering an application earlier.
- In the Directory (Tenant) ID field, enter the registration app tenant ID that you noted while registering the application earlier.
- In the Client Secret field, enter the client secret’s value that you noted while creating the new client secret.
- Click Create. A confirmation message is displayed.
Create an Azure Data Lake Gen2 Storage on the Dataloop Platform
For more information, see the Create an Azure Data Lake Gen2 Storage on the Dataloop Platform topic.