- 27 Sep 2023
Data Lake Storage Gen2
- Updated On 27 Sep 2023
Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 is a set of capabilities dedicated to big data analytics, built on Azure Blob Storage.
Data Lake Storage Gen2 provides file system semantics with Hierarchical directory structure.
The storage drivers are an abstract representation of the container in the Azure. For more information, see the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
This topic describes how to create Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 storage drivers in the Dataloop platform as part of your Azure integration.
You can create a Azure storage driver in the Dataloop only if you complete Azure Secret Key integration.
For more information, see the Integration Overview.
Create an Azure Data Lake Gen2 Storage Driver on the Dataloop Platform
- Log in to the Dataloop platform.
- Select Data Management from the left-side panel.
- Select the Storage Driver tab and then click Create Storage Driver, or click on the Down-arrow and select the Create Storage Driver from the list. A new storage driver pop-up window is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the storage driver.
- In the Integration field, select your relevant Azure Integration from the list.
- In the Type field, select azureDataLakeGen2 from the list.
- Enter your Container name, the one that is relevant to the integration.
- (Optional) Select Allow delete items. This option allows Dataloop to remove items from the storage driver when those items are deleted from Dataloop's dataset. It does not delete items from the Dataloop dataset when those are deleted from the storage driver.
- Click Test to verify the connection.
- Click Create. A confirmation message is displayed.
To Create a Dataset Based on an External Cloud Storage, see the Create a Dataset Based on an External Cloud Storage.