Org Members & Groups
ORG Member roles/privileges
Members of an organization can have one of the following roles:
- Owner - the user who created the organization. This user cannot be removed.
An owner can delete/rename an organization, create projects, and add/remove organization members.
- Admin - an admin can delete/rename an organization, create projects, and add/remove organization members.
- Member - a member of an organization can only view the organization's members, and cannot add/remove organization members, create projects, or delete the organization.
Members' roles are defined when adding them to the organization but can be changed later on by an Organization Owner/Admin.
Adding members to the Organization
Adding members to the organization is done in the form of invitations, by providing the user’s email address. Invited users receive an email:
- If the user already has an account with Dataloop, accepting the invitation will add them to the organization, and the user will be able to set it as the ‘Active Organization.’
- If the user doesn’t have an account with Dataloop, accepting the invitation will take the user through the account setup process, and the user will be joined into the organization by default. Until they accept the invitation, invited users can be seen in the “invited" section.
Add a Single User
- Enter the user’s email address.
- Assign the use with the appropriate role.
- Click the '+' sign.
Add Multiple Users
To easily add multiple users to an organization, use the ‘Import’ option and select a text file that contains email addresses.
User groups allow forming teams as a resource, which can then be reused collectively in the Dataloop system, specifically with workflow tasks.
While reviewing the list of organization members, double-click a specific user (or click the 3-dot action button) to see a list of all projects they work on.