We at Dataloop Ltd. (“Dataloop“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers, their personnel, and other individuals accessing our Platform and Services.
If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service, available at https://dl-staging.dataloop.ai/terms/ (“Terms“). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you visit our Site, access our Platform, and/or use our Services. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Services” shall refer to all products or service offerings made available by Dataloop, including via the Platform and the Site. This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. “You” means any adult user of the Services, including as an Employee or a Tagger.
Please note that parts of this Privacy Notice may not be applicable to You, depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside and the applicable laws. For instance, if you are an individual located in the European Union (“EU Individual“), some additional terms and rights may apply to you, as detailed herein. Dataloop Ltd. is the data controller in respect of the processing activities outlined in this Privacy Notice.
“Personal Data” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data is collected by us in connection with provision of the Platform.
Privacy Notice Key Points
The key points listed below are presented in further detail throughout this Privacy Notice. You can click on the headers in this section in order to find out more information about any topic. These key points do not substitute the full Privacy Notice.
- Personal Data We Collect, Uses and Legal Basis
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- International Transfer
Personal Data We Collect, Uses and Legal Basis
Depending on your usage of our Services, we collect different types of data and we and any of our sub-contractors and service providers use the data we collect for different purposes, as specified below. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with certain Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such Personal Data, we may not be able to register you to the Platform, provide you with the Services or part thereof. if we collect non-personal data, and associate it with Personal Data, we will treat the combined data the same way we treat Personal Data
- Visitors to the Site (including Customers, prospects, Employees and Taggers using the Site)
- Contact Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” or “Request a Demo” request, whether by submitting an online form or by sending an email to an email address that we display with questions, comments or for purposes of customer/technical support we collect the information contained in your message and any other information, including Personal Data, you provide, such as email, phone number, address, company affiliation etc.
- Employee Recruitment Information. If you submit an application through our Site as a candidate for positions with us, we will collect all associated information – contact information, CV information and any other relevant information that you choose to include in your application.
- Call recordings – If you contact us for customer support, to inquire about our Services, to provide feedback, or for any other reason, we may record and retain these calls. Such records may be used for training our staff, improving our Services, as a reference in the event of dispute and for other legitimate purposes.
How we use this data: To respond to your request or inquiry and provide you with support and information. In case of employee recruitment information, we will use the data to consider your application and contact you for updates on your candidacy status, including scheduling interviews or meetings.
Legal Basis: When we respond to your inquiry or provide you with support and information, we process this Personal Data based on performance of a contract or based on our legitimate interest, as needed to maintain our ongoing business operations. For employee information, we may also process the Personal Data based on our legitimate interest in considering your application.
- Automatically Collected Data. When you visit the Site, we will collect information about your computer, including non-Personal Data such as your operating system and browser type, and Personal Data such as your IP address and browsing and viewing history on our Site. For more information about the cookies and similar technologies we use and how to adjust your preferences, please see the section “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below.
How we use this data: (1) to review usage and operations, including in an aggregated non-specific analytical manner, develop new products or services and improve current content, products, and Site; (2) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Site and address any problems with the Site; and (3) to provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising related to our products and Services based on your viewing history on the Site or on other third-party sites you may visit or use.
Legal Basis: We process this Personal Data for our legitimate interests to develop our products, review usage, perform analytics, prevent fraud, for our recordkeeping and protection of our legal rights to market our own products and services.
Customers (including Employees of Customers)
- Registration Data. In order to access the Platform and use our Services, you will be required to register and provide us with the following mandatory Personal Data: your email address as well as a password that you will choose. If you register by logging in through a third-party login/account registration service (such as Google) we also receive Personal Data about you as provided by such third-party service.
How we Use this Data: We use this Personal Data in order to provide you with the Services through the Platform and to respond to your inquiries and requests and to contact and communicate with you; and (2) to prevent fraud, improve the Platform and Services, protect the security of and address any problems with the Platform.
Legal Basis: (1) We process this Personal Data for the purpose of providing the Services to you, which is considered performance of a contract with you, including responding to your inquiries and requests and providing customer support. (2) When we process the Personal Data to prevent fraud, improve the Services and/or our Platform, protect the security of and address any problems with the Platform, we process the Personal Data based on our legitimate interest.
- Materials You Upload – Any materials including images and/or pictures and/or photos and/or Videos and/or documents you may upload to the Platform will be collected by us.
How we use this data: To provide you with the Services.
Legal Basis: We process this Personal Data for the purpose of performance of a contract with you.
- Automatically Collected Data. When you use the Platform, we will collect information about your computer, including non-Personal Data such as your operating system, and Personal Data such as your IP address. We also collect behavioral data about how you use the Platform, such as which pages within the Platform you have viewed.
How we use this data: We use this data to create usage metrics for task management analytics, in order to improve your experience on the Platform.
Legal Basis: We process this Personal Data based on our legitimate interests.
- Registration Data. In order to access the Platform, you will be required to register and provide us with the following mandatory Personal Data: your name, your email address as well as a password that you will choose. If you register by logging in through a third-party login/account registration service (such Google) we also receive Personal Data about you as provided by such third-party service.
How we Use this Data: We use this Personal Data in order to provide you with access to the Platform and to respond to your inquiries and requests and to contact and communicate with you; and (2) to prevent fraud, improve the Platform and Services, protect the security of and address any problems with the Platform.
Legal Basis: (1) We process this Personal Data for the purpose of providing you with access to the Platform to you, which is considered performance of a contract with you. (2) When we process the Personal Data to prevent fraud, improve the Services and/or our Platform, protect the security of and address any problems with the Platform, we process the Personal Data based on our legitimate interest.
Statistical Information By analyzing all information we receive, including all information concerning users we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users (“Statistical Information“). Statistical Information helps us understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We may share such Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
We may use Personal Data to let you know about our products and Services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email or through other communication channels, based on the contact details you have provided us with. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with respect to you. To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you.
- You can ask us to stop sending email marketing by following the “unsubscribe” link you will find on all the marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com.
You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser.
Sharing the Personal Data We Collect
We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
Dataloop and Related Entities
We may share Personal Data about your use of the Site, Platform and Service, including analytics data, with our employees and with other subsidiaries or affiliate companies of Dataloop.
Service Providers and Subcontractors
We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and who use such information only based on our instructions and on our behalf.
Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with various services to help us operate or business, including IT and system administration services, data backup, security, storage services, and data analysis.
- Business Transfers
Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation), etc.
- Legal Uses
We may use your Personal Data and share it with third parties: (i) as required or permitted by any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues, agencies and/or authorities; (ii) to comply with audit and other legal or regulatory requirements; or obligations; or (iii) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party’s rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of this Privacy Notice).
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use or Services, we may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the Services work as you expect. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies.
Third parties through which we provide the Services may be placing and reading cookies on your browser or using web beacons to collect information in the course of advertising being served on different websites. When visiting the Site, you shall be notified of the use of and placement of cookies and other similar technologies on your device.
We use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and send them information we receive (including Personal Data). We conduct such international transfers for the purposes described above. We will ensure that these third parties will be subject to written agreements ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice, including appropriate remedies in the event of the violation of your data protection rights in such third country.
For EU Individuals, whenever we transfer your Personal Data to third parties based outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission.
- Where we transfer your Personal Data to entities not located in countries with an adequate level of protection as determined by the European Commission, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, or other legally approved safeguards, which give Personal Data the same protection it has in the EEA.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA.
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organization security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to Personal Data appropriate to the nature of such data.
Your Personal Data Rights
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, and on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have certain rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you, as detailed below.
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timescales provided by applicable data protection laws. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:
- Right of Access. You have a right to know what Personal Data we collect about you and, in some cases, to have such Personal Data communicated to you. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you with a fee
- Right to Data Portability. If the processing is based on your consent or performance of a contract with you and processing is being carried out by automated means, you may be entitled to (request that we) provide you or another party with a copy of the Personal Data you provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Correct Personal Data. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may request that we update, complete, correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated Personal Data in our control.
- Deletion of Personal Data (“Right to Be Forgotten”). You have a right to request that we delete your Personal Data We cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further Personal Data, you should also terminate your account with us, and clear our cookies from any device where you have accessed our Services. We may retain certain Personal Data (including following your request to delete) for audit and record-keeping purposes, or as otherwise permitted and/or required under applicable law.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we limit or cease processing or your Personal Data.
- Direct Marketing Opt Out. You can change your mind at any time about your election to receive marketing communications from us and/or having your Personal Data processed for direct marketing purposes. If you do, please notify us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible, however it may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt out is effective.
- Right to Object. You can object to any processing of your Personal Data which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Your Local Supervisory Authority. You may have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority if you have any concerns about how we are processing your Personal Data, though we ask that as a courtesy you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and requests are subject to any applicable legal requirements, including legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations and subject to our legitimate interests.
Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data for as long as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes.
In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, as well as applicable legal requirements.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like details regarding the retention periods for different types of your Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16). By accessing, using or interacting with our Services, you certify to us that you are not under the age of sixteen (16). In the event that we have collected Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16), we will delete that information upon discovery. In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of sixteen (16) has registered for our Services, please advise us immediately.
We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage (as reflected in the “Last Updated” heading). Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Site or per email. By continuing to access or use our Services after any revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the updated Privacy Notice.
Comments and Questions
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at email@example.com.
Or for Data Subjects in the EU:
We value your data subject rights under GDPR and have therefore appointed GDPR-Rep.eu as representative according to Art. 27 GDPR and provide you with an easy way to submit privacy-related requests like requests to access or erase your personal data. If you’d like to make use of your data subject rights, please visit https://gdpr-rep.eu/q/14409603
Our registered office is 2 Sapir St. Herzliya, Israel 4685206, POB 12580 and our registration number is 515650356. Additional entities who may be serving as separate, independent controllers are listed below.
Maetzler Rechtsanwalts GmbH & Co KG
Attorneys at Law
c/o Dataloop Ltd.
Schellinggasse 3/10, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Please add the following subject to all correspondence:
GDPR-REP ID: 14409603.
Last updated: November 2023